Wednesday 16 November 2016

Mermaid Vibin & DIY Denim!!!

A couple of posts ago I blogged my denim jacket that I diy'ed, when I did the jacket I also diy'ed some jeans. I actually meant to blog this outfit ages ago but totally forgot about it, so it's quite a summery look, but I'm not about those winter vibes anyway! I got these vintage jeans from a charity ages ago and hadn't worn them in a while, so I decided I'd freshen them up with some fun patches. I added a few rainbow patches and some assorted sequin patches including an amazing mermaid one! I sewed some rainbow sequin trim on the pockets at the front and back and double rainbows on the bum. The patches didn't seem to stick down that well when I ironed them on so I had to hand sew them too, it did take a while but I think it's worth the work! You can literally diy patch anything and there's so many cool patches around at the moment, I definitely want to try and do some more items. It's a easy and fairly cheap way to update something and make it feel like something totally different and new!


I teamed it with a basic crop top and the cutest little shrug I got from the Thrift shop in Manchester for about £4. It has a mermaid/chain print and I absolutely adore the colours, adding to the mermaid vibe I wore this cute shell necklace and my holographic shell bag. Finished off with some tiny pearl studs, fishnet socks and some turquoise flatform sandals.
















Vintage Jeans - Charity shop
Diy patches - Ebay/Aliexpress
Vintage Shrug - Thrift shop Manchester
Crop top - Primark
Shell bag - Primark
Shell necklace - New Look
Pearl studs - Oasis
Flatform sandals - Primark
Fishnet socks - Primark









No comments:

Post a Comment